首页 > 

free sign up bonus real money casino

2025-01-25
free sign up bonus real money casino
free sign up bonus real money casino Trump's picks for key positions in his second administrationThis is an excerpt from The Buzzer, which is CBC Sports' daily email newsletter. Stay up to speed on what's happening in sports by subscribing here . It's a big week for the Professional Women's Hockey League. Final roster cuts are due today, and the league's second season launches Saturday with a doubleheader in Toronto and Montreal. Here's a look at what's new around the PWHL: Fresh looks The most obvious change for the 2024-25 season is that all six teams now have nicknames, logos and distinctive uniforms. The league came together so quickly last year that there was no time to outfit the players in anything but bland, cookie-cutter jerseys that didn't match the excitement around the new venture. A full re-brand finally dropped in September as the franchises were rechristened the Boston Fleet, Minnesota Frost, Montreal Victoire, New York Sirens, Ottawa Charge and Toronto Sceptres, giving each club is own unique identity (though that Sceptres logo does look familiar ). More games, bigger venues The regular season is expanding from 24 to 30 games per team, and half the clubs are moving into larger arenas. The Sceptres will play in Toronto's 8,000-seat Coca-Cola Coliseum after outgrowing the 2,500-capacity Mattamy Athletic Centre, while the Victoire are making the 10,000-seat Place Bell in Laval Que., their primary home after playing some games at the much smaller Verdun Auditorium in Montreal. The Sirens are moving to the New Jersey Devils' arena after splitting their home games between three different arenas. No. 1 overall draft pick Sarah Fillier should help New York fill some seats after potting 30 goals in 29 games in her final college season at Princeton. The 24-year-old forward was the MVP of the 2023 women's hockey world championship and has won three world titles and an Olympic gold with the Canadian national team. She could be an instant MVP candidate . WATCH | CBC Sports makes early PWHL season predictions: Way too early PWHL season predictions 2 hours ago Duration 6:43 Host Anastasia Bucsis is joined by PWHL insider Karissa Donkin as they give their early predictions ahead of the 2nd PWHL seasons. Expansion plans The PWHL is looking to add up to two teams as soon as next season, and it says more than 25 proposals have already come in. All six current franchises and the league itself are controlled by Los Angeles Dodgers owner Mark Walter's investment group, and it's unclear when (or if) independent ownership of teams will be welcomed. "For now, our marching orders are to go and explore what expansion could look like," PWHL executive Amy Scheer told the CBC's Karissa Donkin. "I don't know what the future holds." Fair enough, but the crystal ball says Vancouver, Edmonton, Quebec City, Buffalo, Seattle, Denver, St. Louis, Detroit and Raleigh, N.C., could be in the running to get a team. Those nine cities will each host a neutral-site game in their NHL-size arenas after the PWHL sold out the Montreal Canadiens' and Toronto Maple Leafs' buildings for special dates last season. Here's the latest on expansion . "No escape" The NHL has made various tweaks over the years to juice scoring, including forcing (sometimes tired) players to remain on the ice when their team is called for icing. The PWHL has that rule too, and now it's taking the concept a step further by requiring players to stay out when their team is whistled for a penalty. The motivation behind the so-called "no-escape" rule (great name, by the way) is that teams combined for just 4.8 goals per game last season. It was 6.2 in the NHL, where the power-play conversion rate was much higher. Here's more on the no-escape and other rule changes . MVP MIA Toronto's Natalie Spooner won the inaugural Billie Jean King MVP Award after scoring a PWHL-high 20 goals in 24 games last season for the league's best team. But it all came crashing down in the third game of playoffs when Spooner got checked into the boards and suffered a torn ACL. Toronto crumbled without her, blowing a two games to none lead in the best-of-three series against Minnesota, which went on to beat Boston for the Walter Cup championship. From linemates to lifemates, PWHL stars Poulin and Stacey navigate marriage and career Six months later, Spooner is still out. The Sceptres placed the 34-year-old forward on long-term injured reserve earlier this month, and general manager Gina Kingsbury said there's "no timeline" for Spooner's return. Toronto cushioned the loss of Spooner by signing free-agent forward Daryl Watts. The former Boston College and University of Wisconsin star had 10 goals in 24 games for Ottawa last season. International breaks As much as the PWHL has changed the landscape over the last year or so, the international game remains a big part of women's hockey. Everyone is looking forward to another Canada-U.S. showdown at the 2026 Winter Olympics, and the archrivals will likely square off in the world-title game again this April in the Czech Republic. The PWHL will take a break from April 3-25 to allow its best players to compete in the worlds, and there's a shorter pause around the final two games of the Canada-U.S. Rivalry Series in early February in Atlantic Canada. Canada leads the five-game series 2-1 after taking the last two games in the U.S. earlier this month. How to watch All 90 regular-season games will be available to Canadian viewers, including 17 Saturday afternoon games from CBC Sports. TSN or Amazon's Prime Video will carry the rest. CBC Sports' coverage begins with the season opener between Toronto and Boston on Saturday at 2 p.m. ET on the CBC TV network, CBCSports.ca and CBC Gem. For more on the PWHL, read Karissa Donkin's burning questions for all six teams and watch this video with her predictions for the season.Trump's picks for key positions in his second administrationSLNG Stock Soars to 52-Week High, Reaching $5.37

Video Interview Platform Market 2024: A Decade of Phenomenal Growth AheadTrump's picks for key positions in his second administration

What to Expect for Ed Tech in 2025: Experts Weigh InAVAPOW's Black Friday Event: Essential Automotive Tools At Exclusive Prices

It’s Good News for Retirees – Social Security Chief Takes Major Step to Save Benefits

By Laila Kearney NEW YORK (Reuters) – U.S. data-center power demand could nearly triple in the next three years, and consume as much as 12% of the country’s electricity, as the industry undergoes an artificial-intelligence transformation, according to a Department of Energy-backed study that was first reported by Reuters on Friday. The Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory produced the report as the U.S. power industry and government attempt to understand how Big Tech’s data-center demand will affect electrical grids, power bills and the climate. By 2028, data centers’ annual energy use could reach between 74 and 132 gigawatts, or 6.7% to 12% of total U.S. electricity consumption, according to the Berkeley Lab report. The report included ranges that depended partly on the availability and demand for a type of AI chip known as GPUs. Currently, data centers make up a little more than 4% of the country’s power load. “This really signals to us where the frontier is in terms of growing energy demand in the U.S.,” said Avi Shultz, director of the DOE’s Industrial Efficiency and Decarbonization Office. Swelling data-center electricity needs are accompanied by rising power consumption from onshoring of U.S. manufacturing and electrification of buildings and transportation. Overall U.S. power demand peaked in 2024 and is expected to hit another record next year. “What this report is highlighting is what’s actually growing the fastest, and the leading edge of demand growth in the U.S. is the very new growth in artificial-intelligence data centers,” Shultz said. Findings may inform DOE efforts to increase the flexibility and resiliency of the grid, including construction of long-duration battery storage at data-center sites and commercialization of new technologies such as small nuclear reactors and advanced geothermal, Shultz said. POWER DOUBLING Starting in 2017, deployment of GPU-accelerated servers led to a more than doubling of the sector’s power use over a six-year period, the report said. AI, which requires increasingly powerful chips and intense cooling systems, is the primary driver for the projected data-center growth. When the last report was released in 2016, AI servers in data centers accounted for about 2% of total server energy use. The report’s lead researcher Arman Shehabi and his team recommend publishing the report annually, or biannually, to more closely track data-center trends. Estimates in the report are based on calculations of electricity use from installed GPUs and other data-center IT equipment, using publicly available information, market-research firms and reviews by power-sector and data-center executives. “By showing what the energy use is and, more importantly, what’s causing the growth in energy use, it helps us think about what opportunities there are for efficiencies,” Shehabi said. The report also makes suggestions to further research and develop energy-efficiency strategies for the country’s booming AI data centers. New AI data centers are being built with power capacity as big as one gigawatt, enough to power all homes in Philadelphia. (Reporting by Laila Kearney; Editing by Chizu Nomiyama and Rod Nickel) Disclaimer: This report is auto generated from the Reuters news service. ThePrint holds no responsibility for its content. var ytflag = 0;var myListener = function() {document.removeEventListener('mousemove', myListener, false);lazyloadmyframes();};document.addEventListener('mousemove', myListener, false);window.addEventListener('scroll', function() {if (ytflag == 0) {lazyloadmyframes();ytflag = 1;}});function lazyloadmyframes() {var ytv = document.getElementsByClassName("klazyiframe");for (var i = 0; i < ytv.length; i++) {ytv[i].src = ytv[i].getAttribute('data-src');}} Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Δ document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() );Soccer-Dominant Liverpool beat Real Madrid 2-0 to top Champions LeagueLawyers, loyalists and Wall Street executives: a look at who's on Trump's tariff team

High Speed CMOS Image Sensor Market 2024 Set for Major Growth Surge Over the Next DecadeAlbion goalkeeper faces lay-off as he is booked in for knee surgery

Singaporean actress Yvonne Lim is ready for a new chapter in her life. The 48-year-old announced on social media on Nov 21 that she has opened a YouTube channel. She disclosed in her first video, which is more than three minutes long and titled I’m Back, that she will be moving back to Singapore with her family. “I have been thinking about it for a while, and I think it’s time to say it. Our family will finally return to Singapore,” she said. Lim has been living in Taiwan since marrying Taiwanese businessman Alex Tien, 45, in 2014. Their son AJ turns 10 in December, and daughter Alexa turns eight in January. The actress – who starred in Mediacorp dramas such as Stepping Out (1999), Portrait Of Home (2005) and Metamorphosis (2007) – won her 10th Top 10 Most Popular Female Artiste prize at the Star Awards in 2024. She will receive the All-Time Favourite Artiste Award at the Star Awards in 2025. Lim said in the video that it was not easy to make the decision. “After living in Taiwan for almost 10 years, I have built a new life, made a lot of memories and made some lifelong friends,” she said. “But recently, I began to feel that it is time to go home.” She added: “Living here has been a great journey. I’ve learnt a lot about myself, discovered new interests and experienced many things I never imagined I could do.” In the video, she was seen cooking and dining with several friends, including Singaporean singer-actress Kelly Poon, who is based in Taiwan, and her husband, Taiwanese producer-songwriter Roger Yo. “Actually, I feel a little sad today because, after all, these friends have been with me for many years,” Lim said. “At the beginning, of course, I was not used to (life here). I really want to thank them for making my life here better and making me feel at home.” Mr Tien also expressed his gratitude. He said in the video: “Thank you to all the friends who have been with my wife in Taiwan for the past 10 years, for all the friendships that formed naturally.” Lim acknowledged there would be challenges after returning. For example, she might have to get to know other parents to help ease her children’s transition to studying in Singapore. “However, I know it is the right choice for my family and that it is time to start a new chapter,” she said. “I am ready to go back and rediscover that feeling.” A post shared by 💕🌈🔥Yvonne Lim 林湘萍🔥🌈💕 (@yvonnelim928)Orioles to non-tender reliever Jacob Webb; decisions loom ahead of deadlineGateway Fiber Connects First Massachusetts Home Internet Customers in Northampton

Previous: casino jackpot slots real money free play
Next: