首页 > 

www fc188 gaming

2025-01-26
Jones alleges fraud and collusion marred the bankruptcy auction in which The Onion was named the winning bidder on November 14 over a company affiliated with him. US bankruptcy judge Christopher Lopez had been scheduled to hear an emergency motion to disqualify The Onion’s bid, but decided to put it off until either December 9 or December 17. That is also when the judge will hear arguments on a request to approve the sale of Infowars to The Onion. Mr Lopez said similar arguments are being made in both requests. He could allow The Onion to move forward with the sale, order a new auction or name the other bidder as the winner. At stake is whether Mr Jones gets to stay at Infowars’ studio in Austin, Texas, under a new owner friendly to him, or whether he gets kicked out by The Onion. The other bidder, First United American Companies, runs a website in Mr Jones’s name that sells nutritional supplements. Regardless, Mr Jones has set up a new studio, websites and social media accounts that would allow him to keep airing his show. His personal account with 3.3 million followers on the social platform X was not part of the sale, although Mr Lopez will be deciding whether it should be included in the liquidation and sold off later. In a new court filing on Monday, lawyers for X objected to any sale of the accounts of both Mr Jones and Infowars, saying X is the owner of the accounts and that it has not given consent for them to be sold or transferred. Mr Jones has praised X owner Elon Musk on his show and suggested that Mr Musk should buy Infowars. Mr Musk has not responded publicly to that suggestion and was not among the bidders. Mr Jones’ bankruptcy and the liquidation of his assets came about after he was ordered to pay nearly 1.5 billion dollars (£1.19 billion) to relatives of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. Mr Jones was found liable for defamation and emotional distress damages in lawsuits in Connecticut and Texas for repeatedly calling the 2012 shooting that killed 20 first graders and six educators a hoax staged by actors to increase gun control. Proceeds from the liquidation are to go to Mr Jones’s creditors, including the Sandy Hook families who sued him. Mr Jones alleged The Onion’s bid was the result of fraud and collusion involving many of those families, the humour site and a court-appointed trustee who is overseeing the liquidation. First United American Companies submitted a 3.5 million dollar (£2.7 million) sealed bid, while The Onion offered 1.75 million dollars (£1.3 million) in cash. But The Onion’s bid also included a pledge by Sandy Hook families to forego some or all of the auction proceeds due to them giving other creditors a total of 100,000 dollars (£79,400) more than they would receive under other bids. The trustee, Christopher Murray, said that made The Onion’s proposal better for creditors and he named it the winning bid. He has denied any wrongdoing. Mr Jones and First United American Companies claimed that the bid violated Mr Lopez’s rules for the auction by including multiple entities and lacking a valid dollar amount. Mr Jones also alleged Mr Murray improperly cancelled an expected round of live bidding and only selected among the sealed bids that were submitted. Mr Jones called the auction “rigged” and a “fraud” on his show, which airs on the Infowars website, radio stations and his X account. In a court filing, Mr Murray called the allegations “a disappointed bidder’s improper attempt to influence an otherwise fair and open auction process”. Mr Lopez’s September order on the auction procedures made a live bidding round optional. It gave broad authority to Mr Murray to conduct the sale, including the power to reject any bid, no matter how high, that was “contrary to the best interests” of Mr Jones, his company and their creditors. Hi friends! I wanted to give a quick update on The Onion’s purchase of InfoWars, which we can’t wait to relaunch as the dumbest site on the internet. Long and short of it: We won the bid and — you're not going to believe it — the previous InfoWars folks aren't taking it well. — follow @bencollins on bluesky (@oneunderscore__) November 16, 2024 But at a November 14 hearing, Mr Lopez said he was concerned about the process and transparency. “We’re all going to an evidentiary hearing and I’m going to figure out exactly what happened,” he said. “No one should feel comfortable with the results of this auction.” The assets of Infowars’ parent company, Free Speech Systems, that were up for sale included the Austin studio, Infowars’ video archive, video production equipment, product trademarks, and Infowars’ websites and social media accounts. Mr Jones is appealing the 1.5 billion dollar (£1.19 billion) in judgments citing free speech rights but has acknowledged that the school shooting happened. Mr Jones has brought in millions of dollars a year in revenue by hawking nutritional supplements, clothing, survival gear and other merchandise from his Infowars Store website, according to court documents. Many of Mr Jones’ personal assets, including real estate as well as guns and other personal belongings, also are being sold as part of the bankruptcy.www fc188 gaming

Atiku Abubakar condemns a military-style parade held for Seyi Tinubu, the son of President Bola Tinubu, calling it a violation of military traditions He demands an investigation into the legitimacy of the "Nigeria Cadet Network," the civilian group behind the parade, and its unauthorized use of firearms Atiku stresses the importance of preserving the integrity of the Nigerian Armed Forces and ensuring accountability if legal violations were committed CHECK OUT: Education is Your Right! Don’t Let Social Norms Hold You Back. Learn Online with LEGIT. Enroll Now! Atiku Abubakar , Nigeria’s former Vice President and prominent opposition figure, has expressed outrage over a recent incident involving Seyi Tinubu, the son of President Bola Tinubu, receiving military honours during a parade. The event has sparked widespread condemnation, with Atiku demanding a thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the controversial display. In a statement released on Sunday, Atiku condemned the military-style procession, calling it a violation of long-established military traditions. He described the parade as a "gross aberration" for any branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces to organize such a formal event for a non-designated public figure. Read also "We're sorry": VP Shettima commiserates with victims of military airstrike in Sokoto The statement also expressed deep concern over the involvement of civilians in the event, particularly the "Nigeria Cadet Network," a group that, according to Atiku, is not a recognized entity within the military. "It is with utter dismay and concern that Nigerians were subjected to a nauseating video circulating online, where a group of young men, armed and in full military procession, bestowed upon the President's son unwarranted military honours," Atiku’s statement read. PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram - get the most important news directly in your favourite app! He questioned the legitimacy of the "Nigeria Cadet Network," highlighting that it is neither a registered organization nor an officially recognized military group. Atiku further noted the troubling nature of the event, which saw civilians displaying firearms in the parade, a practice that he warned could undermine the security of the country at a time when illegal arms proliferation is a significant concern. He also expressed alarm over the apparent involvement of security personnel in facilitating the parade, raising questions about the role of the state Source: Legit.ng

STORES across the UK have confirmed they will cut their opening hours over the New Year to give staff an extra rest. Some high-street staples are closing their doors entirely while others are drawing the blinds earlier than usual. It's good to know when these timings are so you're well prepared and don't waste a day out. Traditionally, most shops are expected to close on New Year's Day , but in recent years retailers have started to change their opening hours. We recommend checking the opening hours of your local store as they aren't always the same across all branches. If you're unsure and can't find any information online, ask a staff member when you're next in. Read more from money Below are the stores that have confirmed closures on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day... Tesco Tesco is one of the major stores that will reduce it's opening hours but not close its doors entirely. But it's good to be prepared - especially if you're needing to stock up on any last-minute booze for New Year's Eve. On New Year's Eve, Tesco Extra stores and superstores will close at 7pm, with some exceptions on the Isle of Man. Most read in Money Meanwhile, the majority of Express stores will close at 10pm and some bigger branches will only stay open until 7pm. For New Year's Day , superstores will open from 8am to 6pm. Most Express stores are open from 8am to 10pm but some bigger ones may close earlier. Tesco advises customers check the opening hours of their local store before heading out. Sainsbury's Sainsbury's is also staying open for the New Year period but with shorter service hours. On New Year's Eve, supermarkets will be open from 10am to 7pm and convenience stores from 6am to 9pm. And on New Year's Day, supermarkets will be open from 8am to 8pm and convenience stores from 8am to 9pm. Petrol filling stations will open 30 minutes before and close 30 minutes after the main store on New Year's Day. However on New Year's Eve they will open an hour later. The supermarket will return to its usual operating hours on January 2. Check with your local Sainsbury's to be sure. M&S M&S is reducing its hours on New Year's Eve and completely closing its doors to the public on New Year's Day. The retailer told The Sun: "On New Year's Eve almost 400 of our stores will be open 9am-7pm but customers can check out the hours of their local store on the M&S app or website. "On New Year’s Day, our stores will be closed so colleagues can spend more time with loved ones. The size of your shop and whether it has a food hall may cause hours to vary, so check with your local. Asda Asda will be reducing its hours on both New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. On December 31 it will open at 7am and close at 7pm. While on January 1 it will open at 9am and close at 6pm. Times will vary between stores, however, so shoppers are advised to check the precise timings for their local stores. You can do this via Store Locator tool on Asda's website. Waitrose Waitrose has confirmed it will shut the majority of its stores on New Years Day with only a handful staying open. Those which remain open will continue operating via Deliveroo and Uber Eats. Check with your local Waitrose to find out if it is one of the branches opening on New Year's Day. New Year's Eve opening hours will also vary. However, stores will generally open at 8am and close at 7pm. Aldi Aldi has also confirmed it will close completely on January 1. It is also set to open at 8am on New Year's Eve and close to the public early at 6pm. These hours should be the same across the board so no need to check with your local. Morrisons Morrisons has revealed it will open at 7am on New Year's Eve, and close its doors early at 7pm for all stores in England and Wales. Those living in Scotland can enter stores from 6am. READ MORE SUN STORIES On New Year's Day all stores will open at 8am and close at 6pm. And on January 1 Morrisons will return to its regular operating hours - unless you live in Scotland, where it will open 9am to 6pm. MOST UK supermarkets have loyalty schemes so customers can build up points and save money while they shop. Here we round up what saving programmes you'll find at the big brands. Iceland: Unlike other stores, you don't collect points with the Iceland Bonus Card. Instead, you load it up with money and Iceland will give you £1 for every £20 you save. Lidl Plus : Lidl customers don't collect points when they shop, and are instead rewarded with personalised vouchers that gives them money off at the till. Morrisons: The My Morrisons: Make Good Things Happen replaces the More Card and rewards customers with personalised money off vouchers via the app. Sainsbury's: While Sainsbury's doesn't have a personal scheme, it does own the Nectar card which can also be used in Argos, eBay and other shops. You need 200 Nectar points to save up £1 to spend on your card. You need to spend at least £1 to get one Nectar point. Tesco: Tesco Clubcard has over 17million members in the UK alone. You use it each time you shop and build up points that can be turned into vouchers - 150 points gets you a £1.50 voucher. Here you need to spend £1 in Tesco to get one point. Waitrose: myWaitrose also doesn't allow you to collect points but instead you'll get access to free hot drinks, and discounts off certain brands in store. Do you have a money problem that needs sorting? Get in touch by emailing money-sm@news.co.uk . Plus, you can join our Sun Money Chats and Tips Facebook group to share your tips and stories

49ers rule out Charvarius Ward for Monday Night Football

Rajnath calls on Armed Forces to remain alert to deal with any kind of threats

Sunday, December 29, 2024 If you’re planning a trip to the UK in 2025, there’s an important update you should know about. Starting April 2, 2025, travelers from Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Vatican City, and Sweden will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) to enter the UK for short stays. No need to stress—it’s a simple process, and we’re here to guide you through it. Whether you’re visiting for a holiday, a business meeting, or catching up with family, getting your ETA sorted is a quick and straightforward step to ensure a smooth journey. The ETA is a digital travel authorization designed to make entering the UK easier and more secure. Think of it as a pre-check for your trip. It’s not a visa, so you won’t need it for long-term stays, work, or study—those will still require the appropriate visa. But if you’re planning a short visit (up to six months), the ETA is your golden ticket. Mark your calendar—applications open on March 5, 2025 , for trips starting on April 2, 2025 . The good news? If you’re traveling on or before April 1, 2025 , you don’t need an ETA. But for anything after that date, make sure to apply ahead of time. It’s easier than you might think. Here’s how: Without an approved ETA, you won’t be allowed to enter the UK starting April 2, 2025. Imagine arriving at the border, ready for your adventure, only to be turned away—not a situation you want to find yourself in. A little preparation now can save you a lot of trouble later. The UK is packed with incredible experiences, and now is the perfect time to plan your next adventure. Whether it’s walking along London’s iconic South Bank, hiking up Arthur’s Seat in Edinburgh, or exploring Cardiff’s vibrant waterfront, there’s something for everyone. With your ETA in hand, you can dive into the UK’s history, culture, and charm without a hitch. So, start planning and get ready to create unforgettable memories! The United Kingdom, comprising Great Britain and Northern Ireland, offers an incredible array of attractions for travelers. From vibrant cities to serene countryside landscapes, the UK is a destination steeped in history and charm. Location: Windsor & Eton, England, Europe As the world’s largest and oldest continuously occupied fortress, Windsor Castle is a stunning symbol of British heritage. Its battlements and towers exude majesty, serving as one of the monarch’s principal residences. Visitors may even glimpse the Royal Standard flying from the Round Tower when the Queen is in residence. The castle also hosts state occasions, adding to its regal allure. Location: The West End, London, England, Europe Westminster Abbey, a masterpiece of Early English Gothic architecture, is more than just a place of worship—it’s a living stage for historic events. Despite its grandeur, the Abbey is not a cathedral but a “royal peculiar,” directly administered by the Crown. Its intricate designs and storied history make it one of the most iconic landmarks in London. Location: Glasgow, Scotland, Europe Glasgow Cathedral stands as a rare testament to medieval times, with its imposing Gothic architecture and well-preserved structure. Unlike most of Scotland’s cathedrals, it survived the Reformation largely intact, thanks to being repurposed for Protestant worship. Dating back to the 15th century, its timeless ambiance evokes a sense of awe and history. Location: Kensington & Hyde Park, London, England, Europe Spanning 142 hectares, Hyde Park is one of London’s premier green spaces. Its mix of meticulously maintained gardens, wild grassy expanses, and towering trees offers a tranquil escape in the heart of the bustling city. The park also serves as a venue for live concerts and events throughout the year, making it a lively cultural hub. Location: Kensington & Hyde Park, London, England, Europe The Science Museum captivates visitors with its interactive exhibits covering early innovations, space exploration, and cutting-edge technology. Perfect for families, the museum ignites curiosity and inspires a love for learning. With its engaging displays and practical resources, it’s a must-visit destination for anyone intrigued by the marvels of science and the universe.Ring in 2025 with Solitaire Grand Harvest's New Year Celebration featuring Snoopy

Previous: fc188 bet
Next: www fc188 bet